To obtain your Real Estate License follow these 10 steps:
- To find out which classes to take to obtain your real estate license: go to Wyoming Real Estate Commission web site at http://realestate.state.wy.us/. Click on real estate, then forms, then license pre-requisites.
- Pearson Vue is the testing provider for national and state testing: visit https://home.pearsonvue.com/. You can view a candidate handbook under ‘for test takers’–‘schedule your exam’–select ‘W’ and ‘Wyoming Real Estate’. The candidate handbook has information on licensing and testing.
- Pre-register for educational courses—contact Steve Willoughby Seminars at 1-307-234-8653 or WilloughbySeminars.com
- Pre-license Salesperson Course 1, Wyoming Law, Salesperson Course 2
- Pre-license Broker Course 1, Wyoming Law, Broker Course 2 *if you will be applying for a Responsible Broker License, Wyoming Brokerage Management Course is an additional requirement
- Submit your finger prints to the Wyoming Real Estate Commission for criminal background check. Follow the Wyoming Real Estate Commission’s instructions
- To register for National and State exam go to Pearson Vue web site at https://home.pearsonvue.com/ under ‘for test takers’–‘schedule your exam’–select ‘W’ and ‘Wyoming Real Estate’–create a user name and password. Pearson Vue can be reached through live chat or 1-866-600-5442.
Schedule your exam as close to the end of pre-license class as possible
- Salesperson License: register for State & National Portion Examination—Complete Examination
- Broker License: register for Broker National Simulation Examination & Broker State Portion Examination
- Salesperson & Broker Out of State License: register for Salesperson State Portion Examination or Broker State Portion Examination
- Have your credit card ready (Visa and MasterCard only). Exam fee is $160.00.
- Watch all applicable videos if choosing at ‘home or office’ option
- Space at the testing centers is very limited so register as soon as possible for the best date and time.
- Interview brokers you would like to work with; all salespersons must be associated with a broker.
- Select a broker that you will work with
- Provide proof of pre-license education: Salesperson/Broker Course 1, Wyoming Law, Salesperson/Broker Course 2 and Wyoming Brokerage Management if applying for Responsible Broker
- Pay your licensing fees